Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowman Craft #1


We've been making a lot of snowmen lately - usually combined with a worksheet on the letter s.

We have had 20 inches of snow on the ground since early November and I am ready for it to leave. Usually I get tired of the cold and the snow around late February or March, but for some reason this year I am going stir crazy a bit early. Most of my friends are leaving for trips to warmer climates this month - Orlando, Texas, Mexico and Africa. I wish I could stow away in their luggage just to be able to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. Instead I'll just make another pot of herbal tea and continue to wear wool socks, warm slippers and lot of layers for a few more months. The kids still seem happy with winter though they have stopped begging to go sledding every single day - maybe because it has been so miserably cold.

These snowmen are simple, simple and I am sure you've seen them before. I gave the kids two different sized lids and had them trace circles on white paper.


After cutting them out, they glued them to some patterned 12X12 blue paper.


To attach the cotton balls, pull each ball apart to make smaller pieces, dip in glue and then adhere to the white circles. If this is too messy for the little ones, have them put glue on the paper first and skip the dipping.


Try and make sure the baby does not eat the cotton.


Help him when he gets annoyed that the cotton is sticking to his fingers.


Once the white paper was covered in cotton, we used card-stock to punch out circles for the eyes and buttons and scissors to make an orange nose. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment