Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Views From My Window - Snow Football

The weather is hovering around 10 degrees and the boys are playing snow football with a hunk of ice as the ball. What else can you do when you live in the frozen North? Last week they tried playing football in my family room until I lost my marbles and made them all do silent reading until their parents took them away.

The pattern of play is the same in 8 year old boys as it is in toddlers.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Shrieks of laughter, Ha! Ha! Ha!
Thud.
Crying, wailing, tattle tailing.
Repeat.

Somehow it is easier to handle the cycle in a 2 year old than with an 8 year old. A few weeks ago, the boys would not stop throwing a ball around in the house and I finally took a pair of scissors and popped the thing in front of them. It was actually really hard to do because I am so cheap and kept thinking that I paid $2.50 for that stupid ball. The visual lesson was worth the $2.50 though.


No comments:

Post a Comment