Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day


The children slept in on Christmas morning. Bless them. At our house, the children wait on the stairs while I go down and turn on the lights, the music and the fireplace. Once I've settled in on the couch with a pad of paper, pen, cameras and a glass of eggnog, then the kids are allowed to come running downstairs. We always open stockings and Santa gifts first. This year, the Santa gifts were wrapped because they were for all three children.

It was a lovely day. More emotional that I expected. The children's grandparents, aunts and uncles and even great-aunts spoiled them with beautiful and thoughtful gifts. We always open gifts one at a time so everyone can appreciate each one. We were able to talk to a lot of our family on Christmas Day and wished we could have been together. In the afternoon, the children spent time with their Father and gave him the gifts they had made and purchased for him. They played games together while I tried to pick up some of my room. Calvin managed to break one of his toys less than an hour after opening it! Max read two of the books he received by the end of the day. In the evening when we were alone again, we snuggled together and watched a movie on the couch. I have three very happy children. I love that.


Auntie Koo sent the three kids this car and they have been riding it all over the kitchen. I put it together myself (go me) and if you don't have one of these, they are seriously fun - even Max can ride on it! I'm not sure how I am going to feel about having it in my kitchen until the snow melts.


Sophie made this cute snowman and Max made me a pretty glass ornament. They were both so proud.


Don't you think Sophie looks like her beautiful new little doll from her grandmother? It's the freckles. Let's all encourage her to cut her hair to match her doll! She and her doll have been having picnics and tea parties all over the house.

2 comments:

  1. I love the American Girl doll that Sophie got, she must be so happy with that! That was my dream to have one when I was about her age.
    Is that the jacket on Calvin from us? It looks like it fits! I love that tweed style. I hope he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael - I always wanted an American Girl doll too. My sister Kirstin got the Kirstin doll and I was jealous! Yes, that is the jacket you sent - it fits and he looks so handsome in it! It is the perfect Sunday coat for the cold winters!

    ReplyDelete