Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black Friday

Our guests wanted to spend Black Friday at the Mall of America. Usually I spend Black Friday at home, decorating for Christmas and avoiding crowds at all costs so this was a quite an adventure! Three adults, eight children including a nursing infant, two walkie talkies and a packed lunch of Thanksgiving leftovers.

We shopped the sales. Santa Mommy may have found matching Christmas Eve pajamas for all three children for $18.00.


We played at the lego store.


We admired the decorations. I want one of these for my front door!


We stopped by to see Santa. There was a very short line - I was surprised. Also, Santa is giving out seriously good treats this year! We'll have to go again sometime. Calvin refused to get anywhere near the guy, but did accept a treat on our way out.


Lindsay introduced Sophie to a store called Justice. She had never been in the store before, but upon entering, became a child I have never met. "Ooohhh my gooosh! Look at theeeeeese! Sparkly lip gloss! I loooooove it! Oooh my goooosh!" It scared me.


The boys spent a lot of time waiting in girl stores.


We loved these trees in the amusement park.


Sophie and her cousin bought best friends necklaces. So cute.


I took photos of random coats that made me cringe. This was so much worse in person.


We debated going on rides. I am not a ride person.


Rick, Max, Lindsay and Tristan went on this four story climbing thingy. It actually looked like a lot of fun. They were up there for over an hour! I'd do this one.


I took the younger kids to the butterfly garden.


This butterfly was unnecessarily huge. Frankly, it freaked me out a little bit.


Looking for hitchhikers on our way out.


Old Navy had this thing set up - my kids were intrigued.


This guy was super nice and helped my video-game deprived children to figure out how to work their instruments.


We were at the mall from about 9:30-5:30. It was exhausting, but fun to spend the time with our family. It got progressively busier every hour.

I may have looked like this by the time we left. Flattering photo courtesy of Max.

5 comments:

  1. We were at the mall on Black Friday also with our out of town family! It was crazy, but we managed to have some fun too. Welcome to the work of Justice...Jamie and Sidney's favorite store, luckily they have great sales all the time, I never shop there without a 40% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are part of the Justice world too. Fun times! Also..that ropes course is terrifying and amazingly fun. You should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your'e quite a gracious hostess to take your family to the mall on black friday. you are missing a cape. your daughter is so adorable. i love the way she dresses. she should be in movies. if your going to be frazzeled after a busy day out it's nice you dressed cute and had a good hair day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a hard time getting past that horrid jacket. You can't make that stuff up. I laughed so hard I started to cry. Glued fur? Please promise you won't pick up any "inspiration" for your crafts from that. Thank you for training Max early to be a future patient husband when the ladies go shopping. Sophie is a very snazzy dresser. I love her artistic expression in everything she does. Black Friday is on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I just have to wait until I move to Kentucky to do it so it won't be so crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture of Lindsay and Sophie with their matching necklaces, that is so sweet! I am so glad that they got along so well. I always thought they would get along great, but they haven't had tons of chances to spend that much time together.

    And I showed Isaac the picture of the hideous jacket. We enlarged it to try to get the full effect and it is just awful, no words for it. I can only imagine what it was like in person. We were cracking up about it for a long time. I can't believe someone made that coat and even worse that anyone would buy it.

    ReplyDelete