Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude Day #23

Monday, November 23rd

1. I am grateful for sick kids. I jest. But I am kind of grateful that I had two kids out sick from daycare which left me with just Calvin during school hours. We did a lot of talking - he told me that Jesus lived in the biggest cloud in the sky. When I asked him what he was doing there he said he was telling the people to repent! We ran errands to the bank, the gas station (Calvin gets very concerned if we are low on gas), the library and Christmas shopping. Calvin is just a riot and I love that he still calls me MaMa.

2. I am grateful for a fun trip to Ikea with Kelly, Calvin and baby Lily who Calvin cooed at non-stop. He loves babies. I picked up some organizational items for the basement office and checked out the selections of bunk beds. At some point, I'd like to get Calvin off the floor in his room and free up some space in there. Calvin spent an hour in the Ikea play place - which he loves.

3. I am grateful for the upcoming holiday season. Calvin and I shopped for the three cousins we were assigned in the gift exchange on the Erickson side of the family. All three happen to be coming for Thanksgiving and I want to send the gifts back with them in order to save on shipping. It was a nice day to be shopping - not a lot of people in the stores. Santa was already hanging out at the Mall of America. Calvin waved, but did not want to go for a visit.

4. I am grateful for a full pantry. I have been slowing working on stocking the pantry and bulking up our food storage supply. It feels really, really good to have a full pantry, something I took for granted for many years. I am so grateful to be able to provide for my children.

5. I am grateful for no more mice in the traps (Sophie checks every day) - could they be gone?? How long should I leave out the sticky traps and the poison in the storage room?

No comments:

Post a Comment