Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter Preschool

You have to be tough to handle winter preschool in Minnesota. Calvin and Natalie attend a three mornings a week preschool that is held in a warming house of one of our local parks. If the temperature creeps above freezing, the kids go outside to play.

In the summer they play on the playground, but in the winter, they head to the snow piles. The park boasts not one but two ice skating/hockey rinks and just for fun, they flood the space between the rinks so people can skate from one to the other.

I don't know which is cooler for the kids - the snow or the ice!


Here is the view behind the huge snow pile in the first photo.

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that looking at pictures of the snow is soooooo much better than actually being in it. I get enough of just seeing it and perhaps being in it for a few days/weeks on vacation, but if I ever have to live in it again in my lifetime it will be much too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to homeschool if I lived up north! LOL...it was only in the 30s this morning and I almost didn't get up.

    ReplyDelete