Monday, November 24, 2008

Girl's Night Out - Twilight Edition

Friday night was our big girl's night out. We ended up having 24 women for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then the 10:15 showing of Twilight. Our group included a fair number of Twilight fanatics (have read the books numerous times, may at times fantasize about a certain vampire) a couple of women who have only read Twilight, one woman who has not read any of the books and another who just started the series after Super Saturday and is already on book four! Six of us had seen the film at the midnight showing.

Dinner was delicious - even without a table for four of us on the end until dessert, (The table next to our group refused to leave even after being there for 2 1/2 hours. The women at one point pulled out their knitting to compare! I shot them some dirty looks.) and we were in and out of there quickly thanks to my slightly OCD excel spreadsheet of our dinner and individual dessert orders. The evening was SO MUCH FUN and I am hoping we can come up with a reason to do it again soon!


During dinner we had a Twilight gift exchange. Most original gift? Sugar cookie people decorated to look like the Cullen family. I got a ticket to see the movie again :)

Kelly and I made these pendants.


The line for 10:15 showing was alreading forming by 9:00!! I bragged to the little 12 year olds at the front of the line that I had already seen the film once. They looked at me like I was insane.


Molesting the poster.

I'll link to everyone's reviews as they come up on their blogs. The cherry on the top of my evening? I came home to a sparkling clean kitchen thanks to my sweet husband.

5 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! They turned out great...thanks again for organizing such a fun evening! I loved your review of the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I can't read your review until after I've seen it. I had plans with girlfriends to see it Saturday night that ended up having to be postponed. So I have to wait a few weeks, I don't know if I can do that!
    Thursday morning I was in a patient's room where they had Good Morning America on and it had Edward and Bella getting ready to go to the big premier. I asked the patient if she knew Twilight and she had no idea! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun night!! glad you had a good time. love your pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,
    Loved your review, and I still say, turn Jasper's hair black, and he is a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. I also took your advice and read the other review, and she was right on in her assessments also. Did you notice that both of us agreed about the sunglasses scene? WOW!! (Where is the fan?)
    I actually got John to go and see it again last night. 60%-40% gals to guys. Theater 1/2 full, with it showing on 3 screens. It's going to be another big weekend at the box office, I'm betting. Also, I was in Marshall's in the MOA, and they had hardbound copies of all the books for just $15.00. Yes, I'll be starting #3 on Saturday.....What has come over me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool that you'll show my blog to my cousins. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete